Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Start it out right

Word of interest: asinine "adjective. 1. foolish, unintelligent, or silly; stupid. 2. of or like an ass."

I've been writing for a while on this site here, but got sick of the ads being thrown at me like rice at a wedding. Also, I prefer the community at Blogger. I am hoping to make my own little home online where I can meet new people that share my interests and have other things in common.

So you can get to know me, here's a little introduction. My name is Marielle, and I'm a 19-year-old sophomore attending Western Michigan University. I am majoring in Music & Spanish Education, and hope to teach at the high school or collegiate level. I play clarinet, which explains the title. My favorite hobbies are reading and knitting, but I have many other interests, usually entering and leaving in phases. I have one younger brother (Erek) and a cockapoo (Calli). I love life as a college student and try to live it to the fullest!

I intend for this to be a blog about knitting, but it will also be about my life and experiences as a student and beyond. I will probably write about my other hobbies and activities, too, so expect content to be varied. I say this also because college schedules are hectic for me and I don't usually find a lot of time to knit...I assume you would bore easily if I wrote only about knitting and an entry would consist of "knit another inch on the same project I've been working on for months".

There will be pictures once I recover my digital camera from my Uncle's house in Ann Arbor, so it won't always be this plain.

Good news: I'm going to Canada! Western's football team did really well this season, and so the whole team and marching band are going to the first-ever International Bowl in Toronto. I have been reading up on the city *which I am falling in love with just from the book* and am ridiculously excited to spend the two days there with the Bronco Marching Band and see the sights. There are near a dozen yarn stores in Toronto, too! These people are lucky :) We leave tomorrow, and I am packed and terrified I will leave something so crucial (like my clarinet) that my director will hate me for eternity and ship me straight back home.

Like I said, I started this to meet new and fun people. I've noticed that there aren't many blogs of college-age knitters, and decided to step in and try to fill the gap. If you're a university student, I'd love to hear from you.
Actually, I'd love to talk to most anyone, so please feel free to leave comments [so long as they are not spam or pointlessly degrading as so many other bloggers have suffered]. Thanks for reading.

No comments: